The Chalk Transfer is a reusable adhesive silkscreen that can be used on chalkboards, windows, mirrors, tile, whiteboards, appliances, painted furniture and so much more.
• Cut the design down into its individual parts, if applicable.
• Write the word Back, the transfer name or an X, or even place a sticker on the back to easily recognize and be sure of replacement on the correct side after use. (Always place the sticky side of Chalk Transfer to the shiny side of the backer whether it is white or clear)
• Use a blow dryer to warm the back of the Chalk Transfer before peeling it from the backer the very first time of use. This will help ensure that no damage will be caused to the Chalk Transfer.
• If using on glass, hard, or glossy surface, or a non Chalk Couture Chalkboard, you will need to press the Chalk Transfer to some sort of fabric terrycloth towel to get a little fuzz on the back of the Chalk Transfer, then adhere to the surface. This prevents the Chalk Transfer from bonding too strongly to the surface, ruining the Chalk Transfer. This is very important!
• After peeling the Chalk Transfer away from the surface, rinse off the Chalkology Paste immediately. This can be done in the sink or in a cookie sheet (which works well with larger Chalk Transfers and helps ensure the Chalk Transfer won’t stick to itself by accident). After all visible Chalkology Paste is washed off, wipe both sides with a disinfecting wipe to remove any Chalkology Paste residue. Lay the Chalk Transfer, sticky side up, out to dry. Once the Chalk Transfer is dry, replace it on the backer (on the shiny side) and smooth it out using a Chalk Couture Squeegee.
Chalkology Paste and Use
Chalkology Paste is a water-soluble crafting chalk paste that goes on wet, dries hard and washes off of nonporous surfaces with water, if used on natural wood that is not painted, there may be residue that cannot be removed. It is used with our Chalk Transfers to give a beautiful, unique design each time. Once it is dry it will not smear or smudge and has a durable yet smooth finish. It can be layered, glittered (while it’s wet) and even written on once it is dry.
• Chalkology Paste has up to a 2-year shelf life
• If ChalkPaste has thickened, add a small amount of water and stir well.
• Do not ever freeze
• Clean the edges of jar after use to ensure the lid can be tightened completely for best storage results.
• Place original liner included in the jar every time to keep the Chalkology Paste from drying out.
• Chalkology Paste doesn’t adhere well to plastics or our powder-coated chalkboards (circle, bracket, and square hanging chalkboards). Waxing with the Paste Wax on these surfaces has helped with adhesion of the Chalkology Paste, but if you do try using on any plastic surface we cannot guarantee it will work. However, if you feel like being creative try it out and see what wonders await.
How to Apply the Chalk Paste
Apply Chalkology Paste with a Chalk Couture Squeegee, spread a liberal amount over the entire design, once the design is covered completely scrape the excess Chalkology Paste off the Chalk Transfer and put it back into the container. The more excess you remove, the better the results you will have. Do not let the Chalkology Paste dry on the Chalk Transfer. Make sure to peel the Chalk Transfer away from the surface before it dries. You can use damp paper towels to keep the Chalkology Paste moist if you are working on a larger project.